----------------------------------------------- */

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the last lap...

09 July, 2004

Where, or why rather, to begin?

Whether due to my inescapable waspiness or possession of a y chromosome, I've always been a bit leery of navelgazing--yet here I am. This is in no way to detract from the endless friends (only three examples include kebig, jefe and Ms. Headley) whose 'blogs I have visited and enjoyed for years. They're great, funny and insightful.
Maybe I've been afraid that I have none of the aforementioned qualities. Perhaps I've been of the opinion that I have very little that you might want to read.

Maybe I thought it just wasn't my thing...


But I've been writing more (a great deal more) lately. It's remarkable how unemployment motivates you. After the Moore rant (below), which many of you were pestered by the week of 4 July prompted me to stop scoffing at the notion of my own blog. Beyond that, many of the responses I recieved to that rant also seems to urge me on to have a place where such a smart group of people can have a forum to tell me I'm right/wrong/boring. Here is a beginning for that.

I'm writing late and I'm too flagged to go on much longer.
I'll end here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

Mike? Is that you?

11:27:00 AM

 
Blogger kevin said...

well, whatever the reason, i for one would like to be the first one to say "thank god" - also, regarding this blog, i'd like to say "what was that thank god business all about."

seriously though, you're a tremendous writer and i'm going to take a very small bit of credit for being such a slackass that you were forced to post your own brilliant work. how's that for platitudes, platidude.

as griff would say, welcome to the Interneck.

3:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Jefe said...

as Mike would say, who's griff?

4:05:00 AM

 
Blogger kevin said...

griff.

9:36:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home